Tonya

Tonya
Looking forward to a great year.

About Me

I am a first year teacher. This is a journal of my new life.

Monday, October 18, 2010

9 Weeks Done

9 Weeks is over. 
These first 9 weeks really have seemed to fly by for me.
So much I have experienced, yet so much still to come.  I have had an interesting time, learned quite a bit, and hope my students have as well. 
I am working on getting all missing work together and into Pinnacle by Wednesday.  This process is a little frustrating.  I am hoping that my students and myself can do better next 9 weeks with this.  There is no reason for some of them having so much not done.  I have decided that they will lose their wheel times to work on this problem.  I have requested to have them until they are finished.  Maybe, if they see they are going to have to do the work eventually, then they will decide they will complete the assignments as they come. 
This is not just a problem in my class its all the 5th grade.  We have been calling and meeting with parents over this very issue. 
I wish this few students cared as much as the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment