Tonya

Tonya
Looking forward to a great year.

About Me

I am a first year teacher. This is a journal of my new life.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

The New Me (Apparently)

I got a new hair cut on Thursday this past week.  Friday, all my students were talking and asking about my new do.  They were all very complementary, but there is always one who actually says what he is thinking in every group.  "Boy, Mrs. Carlson, you sure do look better!"  To this I smiled and responded, "Well, thanks, I think..." 
You just gotta love'em all.
I used a new method for checking bell work this week.  I liked it, though I am not so sure my students liked it.  I created a quiz.  They simply had to use their bell work to give me my question or their answer for various dates.  This activity taught them more than all the modeling and preaching I have been doing.  I asked them how they did.  They indicated not to well and that as we start the new week they were going to start labeling and ordering their work because it would make the quizzes a lot easier for them.  Lesson learned. (AT LEAST I HOPE)

No comments:

Post a Comment